People always love to ask you what do you like to do?
It’s a great ice breaker when meeting someone and trying to get to know them. That question alone will give you an idea if you have anything in common. Some might even ask what you don’t like to do? The question no one asks is what don’t you know how to do? The answer to that question could tell you a lot too.
That’s the question I’m answering today as a part of Mama Kat’s writer’s workshop. Here’s what I can’t do – feel free to offer me lessons.
- swim – I know I need to learn… like yesterday!
- crochet – I can knit though
- play piano – I wanna learn so bad!
- skateboard – all the cool Cali kids do it
- play tennis – Venus and Serena make it look cool
- surf – This could come in handy. I mean, the beach is only 15 minutes away.
- drive a stick shift – I need to learn. Those cars are cheaper.
- stop dreaming – I can’t do it. You can’t make me! *sticks tongue out
- train a dog to fetch – My dog can’t fetch. She plays keep away. I blame us.
- do just one thing at a time – I am a queen multi – tasker. I’m not sure that’s a good thing.
What don’t you know how to do?