Many of us started out the year strong. We wrote and shared our lists of things we wanted to accomplish. We were so motivated and encouraged. We acknowledged that everything we want really just sits on the other side of fear. So here we are, at the end of March. The end of the first quarter of the year. Where do you stand on what you set out to achieve? Have you fallen off a bit? Have you given up completely. There have been a million things going through my mind as I try to accomplish things.
I have had moments of self-doubt and even thought about giving up. Many of us have been there. For those of you that haven’t, I tip my hat to you. Email me your secret!
It’s in those times of doubt that I need a little motivation. I need to remind myself that even though I’m not where I thought I’d be, I am A LOT further than I imagined I’d be. On top of all that – most of the year is still ahead of me. I won’t kick myself about whatever I didn’t accomplish these first three months. But I need an encouraging word here and there to keep me pressing forward. I need to remember this quote:
The difference between a mountain and a molehill is your perspective. ~ Al Neuharth
After I came across this quote that gave me a little nudge in the right direction I thought, “why not see what else is out there that might speak to my situation.” I feel like I found millions of quotes! There is so much inspiration and encouragement to be found if we just look for it. It’s not always in the words we read or words that are spoken, but those help too. Here is a top ten of encouraging words to keep you going no matter where you are in your journey.
- Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. ~ Mark Twain
- Take the first step in faith. You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step. ~ Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing – that’s why we recommend it daily. ~ Zig Ziglar
- Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go. ~T. S. Elliot
- Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
- If you don’t go after what you want, you’ll never have it. If you don’t ask, the answer is always no. If you don’t step forward, you’re always in the same place. ~ Nora Roberts
- You can have anything you want if you are willing to give up the belief that you can´t have it. ~ Robert Anthony
- Just don’t give up trying to do what you really want to do. Where there is love and inspiration, I don’t think you can go wrong. ~ Ella Fitzgerald
- Ones best success comes after their greatest disappointments. ~ Henry Ward Beecher
- How does one become a butterfly? You must want to fly so much that you are willing to give up being a caterpillar. ~ Trina Paulus